Rackspace is looking for a Legal Counsel to support its EMEA and Asia Pac operations (“International”). The International legal team is responsible for managing all non-North American legal matters for the global business. This position will work closely with the International Legal Team & senior management in the UK, EMEA & Asia Pac offices, with responsibilities primarily focused on Rackspace’s customer sales contracts, data protection matters, partner and vendor technology contracts, and intellectual property matters.
- Manage the EMEA and Asia Pac legal workload, to directly participate in legal matters, including structuring, negotiating and drafting customer, vendor and partner contracts and agreements which can range from standard contracts to bespoke, complex and enterprise transactions
- Provide ongoing legal support and advice to senior Leaders and business team members regarding general legal and contract specific issues and risks
- Advise at departmental level, International leadership team level and at US parent company board level on all legal and commercial risks associated with sales opportunities and their potential impact and suggested mitigating actions
- Negotiate complex contracts with customers, partners and vendors & advise the company on associated risk
- Administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Partner with our US Legal team to ensure we have a consistent Global approach in the way we work with our customers