Rackspace is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the planning and execution of technical tasks associated with packaged services, testing, consulting, migration, and transformation as part of customer Professional Services engagements.
As part of the Professional Services team you will have a strong understanding of Rackspace’s service levels and product offerings. You will need to support pre-sales and delivery activities.
Your focus will predominantly be project based packages of work. You will be customer facing, expected to work with account teams, sales, technical consultants and project managers to gather and document technical requirements.
As an experienced Systems / Cloud Engineer you will be comfortable working autonomously and being accountable for smaller customer engagements as well as supporting larger engagements as part of a diverse project team. You will be accountable for the technical outcomes of your work.
- Owning to completion, discreet packages of work (projects, changes, migrations and transformation activities) whilst liaising with - and delegating to - peers in other technical disciplines where necessary. These tasks may take several days, or even weeks, to bring to completion. These may be delivered at the Customer site or the Rackspace offices.
- Manage a broad range of activities including the coordination of several internal departments and 3rd party partners.
- Act as a final point of technical escalation from the Support teams for issues during Professional Services engagements.
- Root-cause analysis – leading and working together with other disciplines including Service Delivery and Support.
- Contributing to the ongoing development and maturing of Professional Services for Rackspace through process and tool development.
- Communicate with Customers, Sales, project managers, extended Rackspace teams and partners during presales and project delivery to ensure timely delivery and identifying potential problems or risks that require resolution or mitigation.
- Preparation of written reports, documents and presentations using Microsoft office to a standard that reflects the Rackspace brand.
- You may be requested to work flexible hours when the need arises.
- Ability to travel as required (typically less than 10% of time).
Systems / Cloud Engineering Consultancy
- Scope, plan and deliver technical engagements across a number of the service areas using internal and 3rd party resources and tools. Service areas may include, but not limited to:
- migration assessment, planning, run book creation and execution
- asset & application inventory discovery
- performance (load) testing strategy, planning and analysis
- security and penetration testing, scoping and partner referral management
- devops related services such as CI/CD pipeline development
- Prepare, QC, schedule and perform migrations, performance tests and other technical tasks across the above service areas. Provide technical insight into viable and best practice approaches.
- Lead and support the installation, configuration, provisioning, maintaining, & monitoring of servers, storage, networking, and software tools for data collection and analysis. Review and interpret results and make written recommendations.
- Support 3rd party engagements with expert knowledge of Rackspace systems.Advise and support other Rackspace consultants and project managers in their delivery of customer engagements with specialist expertise.
- Contribute to a wide range of presales efforts and delivery proposals, RFP/RFI responses, ensuring realistic, innovative and cost effective solutions to meet customer objectives and expectations in a timely manner.
- Articulate technical proposals inclusive of professional services as the means to help customers realise the value of Rackspace.
- Support the preparation of Statements of Work (SoW) by others.