Rackspace is actively seeking an experienced and accomplished VMWare Specialist Architect to fill key a position within its pre-sales function.
The core mission of this role is to engage with our customers and prospects to drive sales and thought leadership for the Rackspace VMware portfolio. In addition to this core mission, you will be working with business and technical influencers, IT Pros, and Rackspace partners in understanding the strategy, competitive differentiation, and value proposition of our VMware offerings. The role enables you to interact with the teams that develop, deploy, and operate our VMware platforms.
The right candidate for the role will be a technology leader in VMware private clouds. This person will be a front-line expert in VMware pre-sales with extensive experience in design and development of business applications and VMware solutions. We are looking for the top talent in the industry, highly-skilled in the design and implementation of complex deployments.
Where existing solutions do not exist in our current portfolio, the candidate that will best fit the role will work with product management and product engineering groups to implement new offerings and standards that fit these customer’s needs.
Your engagements will see you supporting existing Solutions Architects to understand our customers and prospects specific VMware needs. Engagements will be highly specialised in nature, engaging high profile customer engagements that require advanced guidance on specific technologies and concepts.
You will have confidence in knowing your skills (and limitations). You are calm and collected under pressure and always available to mentor the less experienced. Your colleagues see you as a good team player who is keen to share knowledge as well as learning from others.
• Front-line expert with VMware, working with Rackspace’s customers and our sales teams to design enterprise grade solutions.
• Engaged with the wider community to help it understand of how Rackspace can help them meet business and technology goals.
• Trusted advisor to key accounts. Builds a practical roadmap for the Software-Defined Data Centre and aligns this to Rackspace’s capabilities
• Works closely with product management and product engineering to help implement new standards and services.
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong skills and a long track record in working with VMware. Practical experience in implementing, operating and troubleshooting several of these will be required:
• vRealize Suite (Automation, Operations, Log Insight and Business for Cloud).
• vSphere, vSAN, and NSX
• vCloud Director
• Site Recovery Manager
It is advantageous for you to have experience in the following areas:
• Server Hardware (Dell, HP, IBM)
• Networking (firewalls, routers, load balancers)
• Enterprise grade storage arrays (DAS, NAS, SAN)
• MS Windows, Active Directory
• Linux (Red Hat, CentOS)
• Containers (LXC, Docker)
• CI/CD tools and RESTful API’s.
Some or all of these VMware certifications be advantageous: VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP), VMware Certified Implementation Expert (VCIX), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
• Able to present concepts in authoritative and clear manner, through white boarding, presentations and proposals
• Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal with great attention to detail
• Ability to create wow / delighter moments with customers
• Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
• Effective with time management
• Have experience in providing mentoring team members
• Negotiation and objection handling skills
BUSINESS & COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE:
You should have varying degrees of experience (subject to level) in some or all of the following areas:
• 3+ years’ in implementing, operating and troubleshooting VMware solutions
• 5+ years’ experience in technical pre-sales
• Experience leading technical workshops exploring requirements and mapping solutions.
• Provide authoritative advice to internal and external stakeholders with regards to managed services outcomes
• A high level of business awareness and commercial acumen
• Have experience with developing ‘win themes’ and customisation of value propositions to client needs and write technical responses to bids (RFPs & RFIs)
• Able to evangelise disruptive proposals when necessary
• Able to work with Sales Representatives of varying skill sets and adjust the strategy/approach accordingly
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Attainment of the aligned practice against revenue target
• Attainment of the overall Sales organisation against revenue target
• Customer satisfaction rating of the sales and support teams you regularly work with
• Volume and value of opportunities you assist with
• Win rates
• Quality assessment of sold designs