Responsible for day-to-day operations of our customers NAS storage environment. This includes customer onboarding support, decommissions, troubleshooting, maintenances, operational tasks (ie, creating or extending shares), and environment tuning.
You will be able to assist pre-sales in solution designs, including requirements collection from Rackspace solution engineers and customers but this is not a mandatory requirement.
This role requires a large amount of internal communications with both the global storage team and the global cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail
- Technical knowledge in NAS Storage technology, troubleshooting methodologies, operational tasks, and implementation.
- Able to resolve problems in a timely manner, escalate where necessary, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good working knowledge of NetApp FAS series controllers, both 7-mode and C-Mode, FlexClone, SnapMirror, SnapVault, SnapRestore, and SnapDrive.
- Working knowledge of Isilon Nodes, OneFS, SyncIQ, SnapshotIQ, SmartPools, SmartQuotas, and SmartConnect is preferred.
- Intermediate understanding of server operating systems (Windows, Linux, ESX) and server hardware knowledge
- Working knowledge of how to physically and virtually install and configure various NetApp models required, Isilon models preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of storage concepts and networking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Strong time management skills. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support.