A Product Operations Engineer for the VMWare Practice Area is responsible for operational business integration of all new products and features prioritized by the Product Management team.
This role is responsible for the end to end life cycle of a product and is required to develop how the product is sold, implemented and built, supported and decommissioned. This includes identifying updates for all sales and support processes as well as defining, documenting, and testing all appropriate system change requirements. Throughout the life of the product, Operations Engineers are also responsible for process improvement and increased revenue recognition. The team interacts with all parts of the business (such as Sales, Support, Data Centers, Supply Chain, Finance, IT, and Legal) to ensure needs are met and the product is supported correctly.
• Solid understanding of product design, testing and business challenges.
• Working knowledge of the product development life cycle.
• Creative ability to participate in problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Ability to communicate technical info and ideas to non-technical audiences. Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
• Strong knowledge of Rackspace internal operations and systems.
• Ability to lead problem solving and troubleshooting activities and drive consensus in group meetings
• Solid experience with process engineering and implementing process efficiencies
• Solid experience with operational integration and process engineering
• Experience working with Agile development teams highly preferred.
• Tenacious problem solver, will own issues until full resolution
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail
• Strong rapport and relationship building skills with both internal departments and external customers
• Able to take ownership of assigned projects and work to completion autonomously or with little supervision
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience