The Marketing Manager is focused on growing our customer base on the cloud platforms we support. The Marketing Manager is responsible for driving both acquisition and existing customer base demand and revenue growth for managed services in the Benelux and Nordics. This position will work closely with sales, product, and the central business unit teams in the UK and US to build and execute marketing campaigns and events to drive this growth for the local region. The Marketing Manager will also manage one Pre-Sales FTE.
• Collaborates cross functionally with global product marketing, marketing operations, and sales teams to develop campaign narratives, messaging, and tactics.
• Responsible for planning, delivering, monitoring, and enhancing marketing programs in line with business objectives.
• Provides regular updates back to the business of performance against financial targets and actions in progress concerning those results. Ensures campaigns are executed on-time, accurately, and successfully.
• Manages the execution and measurement of marketing campaigns and develops marketing materials to be used in these campaigns.
• Evaluates and reviews small to large events to align with corporate strategic marketing initiatives and to ensure we are attending the most strategic events to enhance Rackspace ROI.
• Works closely with Sales, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Senior Leadership to: create overall event plan and message to the market; coordinate procurement of giveaways and collateral; plan additional marketing opportunities and booth activities; identify speakers and coordinate sessions; partner with outside creative agencies; collaborate with partners to enhance Rackspace’s presence; and help create a strategic product focus and theme around Rackspace events.
• Manages event planning logistics including, but not limited to: Researching venues; booking event dates, room blocks, meeting space, and client dinners; registering Rackers and guests; managing guest lists; etc.
• Manages and oversees all of the logistics and execution for Rackspace’s involvement with events.
• Responsible for creating the overall annual marketing strategy, with guidance from local sales leadership and EMEA marketing leadership.
• Manages agency relationships with Northern European agencies, ranging from strategic, creative, PR and social media agencies.
• Responsible for managing the creation and delivery process of collateral to be used by marketing & sales at clients or at events.
• Assists local leadership in strategic directions regarding marketing strategies, audience selection, theme definition, account selection and reporting.
• Experience with revenue-generating Marketing programs and events required.
• Ability to manage complex, high-profile, events that involve Senior Leadership and cross several business and product groups.
• Good understanding of the B2B industry is required.
• Good understanding of the IT industry is required.
• Good understanding of the cloud industry is preferred.
• Online, social media, and community marketing experience is preferred.
• Operates well in an environment of rapid change and is comfortable operating with autonomy. Experience in working with remote teams preferred.
• Previous budget management experience is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field.
• Business and IT proficiency in both Dutch and English.
• Excellent knowledge of the program management process, including segmentation and targeting.
• Strong knowledge of CRM and marketing automation systems such as Salesforce.com and Marketo.
• Highly motivated, energetic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and comes with startup 'anything and everything' mentality.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive relationships with team members.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing workloads to meet competing deadlines.
• Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
• Ability to recognise salient business issues that “move the needle”, detects patterns, draw conclusions, and present conclusions to internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrates effective initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, responsibility, critical thinking, execution focus and ability to work independently.