This role is located within the global enterprise security team and focus on the “Big Data” management for the internal security team as well as other business units. The organisation requires individuals to manage the underlying infrastructure which comprises of virtual and physical servers and networking components, mange the Centos 7 operating system and configure / deploy and upgrade the Splunk application that the platform heavily relies upon. As a level 3 position the individual is expected to bring a high level of proficiency across all segments of the role and as a core capability have a deep level of understanding with the Splunk application.
- Monitor in real time platform performance, capacity and outages
- Plan, Architect, Build, Install and upgrade the platform as required. Specify the Splunk and host operating systems.
- Deliver automation scripts and process improvements in line with continuous improvement methodologies.
- Undertake Problem, Incident and change management processes in line with ITIL methodologies
- Deliver capacity plan review in line with business requirements and platform growth.
- Proactively plan and execute system upgrades and patching
- Strategic tool planning – including system lifecycle and location audits
- Provide subject matter advice / consultancy with respect to data ingestion, manipulation and associated standards
- Undertake customer requests in line with business requirements for data onboarding and user access.
- Carry out triage of security health events and elevate their priority to incident when required
- Initiate the escalation procedure to counteract potential tool failures
- Influence an participate in the development of architectural standards
- Deliver documentation required such as high / low level design, wiki guides and build standards.
- Mentor and coach less experienced members of staff
- Respond to customer related quires received via phone, email and via ticketing systems in a timely and accurate manor.
- Provide customer service that exceeds our customers’ expectations
- Provide incident remediation and prevention documentation
- Document and conform to team processes
- Provide performance metrics as necessary
- Provide advisory services to the business in order to increase overall security posture
- Provide subject matter expertise on security projects and ensure security controls are implemented according to defined policies
- Participate in business security awareness and training initiatives
- Provide guidance and mentoring to new and existing members of the team
- Single point of contact for advanced issues and vendor communications
- Make recommendations to architecture based on observations and investigations driven individually
- Present to seniors managers as necessary