The Custom Team is responsible for providing industry leading Fanatical Support™ to Rackspace’s largest Enterprise and strategic customers. These customers host critical infrastructure and applications, with highly complex and customised solutions, with Rackspace and have an exceptionally high expectation for the level of service required and provided. Custom accounts are typically a combination of high Monthly Recurring Revenue (“MRR”) and are identified as being a long-term strategic customer for Rackspace. The management of these customer environments are complex and, compared to the majority of Rackspace’s account base, often carry a high degree of risk from conception through deployment and sustainment, over longer timescales and contract lengths. The Custom team is responsible for about £50M pa in revenue and has around 30 customers.
The Service Delivery Manager has ownership of the relationship between Rackspace and their dedicated portfolio of customers. The Service Delivery Manager is expected to continually develop and strengthen the relationships held to create strategic partnerships through pro-active and personable interactions. Success in the role requires:
- Commercial and business acumen.
- A passion and strength for building robust relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- The ability to identify opportunities to delight and wow customers.
- Proven experience of Service Delivery best practices (including ITIL).
- An innovative approach to problem solving.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills at all levels, technical through to directors.
- The ability to motivate and galvanise disparate teams to deliver against customer requirements.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for the delivery of pre- and post-sales services and support to customers, as well as strategic planning 6 months, 1 year and 2 years in advance.
- Manages all facets of customer retention (CRM) including participating in the resolution of customer concerns and defining, developing a customer contact strategy and growth plans.
- Analyses operational processes, escalation procedures and performs assessments to identify opportunities for service delivery improvements and value add to the customer/clients.
- Develops service delivery procedures to ensure efficient and effective running of the service
- Confidently liaises between departments to resolve status, production, delivery and billing inquiries.
- Able to resolve issues in innovative and practical ways.
- Reviews and negotiates credit claims.
- Develops and manages responses, ensuring customer service with speed and accuracy and all client/customer service delivery issues are resolved. Uses skills as an experienced professional with a comprehensive understanding of industry best practices and company policies and procedures.