The Senior Microsoft Technologist, Microsoft BU serves as a recognised industry thought leader across the Microsoft cloud portfolio; Azure, O365 and Microsoft Private Cloud (HyperV).
This role also requires a wider range of experience across other cloud technologies and public cloud service providers ie; VMWare, AWS, Google Cloud Platform etc.
Having a wide range of experience across cloud platforms, cloud management technologies and cloud service models, will enable engagement across a wide range of customer and Microsoft Alliance stakeholders.
- Provide technologist level pre-sales support across the larger, complex Microsoft BU opportunities. Many of these engagements require Rackspace to influence wider IT operational or workload oriented factors in order to close Azure / MPC opportunities. Candidates must possess wider peripheral vision & experience across these areas.
- Intellectually peer with customer technology strategists to influence and develop a trusted advisor status.
- Establish similar credentials across Microsoft technology and product functions in order to support alliance demand generation activities.
- Work jointly with the Microsoft Partner Manager to design & execute alliance pipeline generation initiatives.
- Build strong internal relationships with sales team leaders, channel & marketing teams to assist with customer engagements at senior levels.
- Responsible for identifying, justifying and championing Rackspace International requirements into the various Microsoft BU product roadmaps. Serve as the EMEA interface point into the Global Microsoft BU product teams, covering regional requirements across PaaS, SaaS and IaaS.
- Influence roadmaps of associated products such as RMS.
- Lead all technology related activities for evaluating and prioritising Azure relevant ISV partners. Collaborate with the Channel Marketing team to execute joint ISV GoTM initiatives
- Support marketing teams by providing insight into the design & orientation of demand generation campaigns across the Microsoft portfolio.
- Provide insight and support into RFP and bid submissions