Rackspace Managed Security (RMS) is a managed Cyber security offering available to Rackspace hosted customers. RMS uses best of breed security techologies to enable expert human analysts to monitor & protect customer environments from increasingly advanced and sophisticated threats. In addition, the capabilities used and skills of the people ensure that should a customer be targeted, RMS can respond rapidly and apply remediation in order to minimise impact to the business.
The RMS Defensive Infrastructure Team employs expert engineers to deploy and implement RMS security technologies that enable the Cyber security mission. Engineers are also required to perform maintenance and monitoring of RMS security infrastructure, inclusive of health checks and audits. Additionally, the DI team works closely with RMS Product & Engineering to develop, validate and new technologies and industry leading capabilities into the RMS portfolio to ensure the service remains at the cutting edge of Cyber security operations. These responsibilities are deployed across multiple platforms including AWS and Azure at present, with plans for Google Cloud Platform.
Be part of a team within one of the fastest growing business units in Rackspace and the sphere of Cyber security that will see substantial growth to 2020 and beyond.
The RMS DI team is looking for senior Systems Engineers to deliver the next generation of RMS security product and capabilities as part of a high impact, high visibility team within the sphere of Cyber security. Working within a highly motivated global team, the incumbent will be responsible for automating, monitoring, testing and deploying security products that represent the foundational software systems critical to RMS operations across customer environments.
The RMS DI team is responsible for complex architectural design & development of hardware, software & networking systems to ensure compatibility of technical infrastructure to support system & operational performance. RMS System Engineers are required to demonstrate the ability to own large sub-systems with a high degree of accountability. The incumbent will possess leading edge skills in the latest areas of technology in order to mentor lower level engineers or administrators & assist managers in identifying gaps in training or processes.
- Integration of security product into RMS operations.
- Frontline support & end-to-end management of security tooling within RMS customer environments.
- Engineering of internal capabilities & infrastructure to support security tooling.
- Automation of customer lifecycle workflows.
- Review & contribute to the development of technical documentation.
- Development of security tooling to improve automation & enhance quality of workflows.
- Preparation of customer environments to deploy RMS capabilities.
- Architect process and conduct deployment of RMS agents into customer environments (on-boarding).
- Perform audit / QC of customer environments through monitoring & report on agent coverage status.
- Management of agent lifecycles (patches, upgrades).
- Removal of agents from customer environments (off-boarding).
- Provide technical guidance for RMS teams & RMS customers; support meetings / calls as required.
- Validate & advise on supported RMS customer architectures; handle customer deviations from supported architectures.
- Manage early access product releases & provide SME for development & product teams.
- Ability to diagnose & rectify the most complex server & system issues.
- Due to 24/7/365 RMS Security Operations Centre operation, available for out-of-hours work on occasion.
- Knowledge of hosting environments.
- Understanding of security concepts, theories, execution best practices.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of RMS product.
- Advanced knowledge of servers, computer hardware, and software.
- Expert understanding of RMS service lines, organizational structure and advanced knowledge of how those services work towards achieving customer security and compliance goals.
- Full understanding of all RMS SLAs.
- Ability to adapt working style and approach to best communicate with various business contacts and levels.
- Progressive knowledge of security technology industry as a whole and understanding of customer verticals.
- Able to prioritize a highly varied workload in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Ability to apply varying leadership skills and qualities to create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
- Functions as an advanced relationship builder with internal and external influence.
- 6+ years Linux / Windows system experience including system administration & design/architecture.
- 3-4 years working in the Rackspace environment or equivalent FANATICAL customer support work place.
- Able to work independently, analysing, troubleshooting, and problem solving customer issues.