Rackspace is seeking a Channel & Alliances Manager to drive the channel program for LATAM. You will work with Rackspace sales teams and account development reps to establish, grow, and manage partner relationships. You must be able to show a proven track record of successful channel program development and sales management in the technology industry.
This position will work across LATAM and the Partner organization to ensure business goals are aligned to partner offerings. The role will need to develop required solutions and build the whole partner capacity by working with the managed partner portfolio and offering through the Rackspace lifecycle, from recruit to grow, aligned to our regional segments. The seniority of the role evidences Rackspace deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship by working closely with partner leadership.
The Channel & Alliances Manager - LATAM, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, infrastructure consumption and digital transformation. This role reports into the LATAM organization and is focused on recruitment, enablement and business growth of Top Partners on a LATAM basis.
- Responsible for channel revenue within Rackspace LATAM.
- Will lead all channel related efforts in the region leveraging the central Channel team in the US.
- Assists the sales team in developing Channel partners.
- Manage the channel ecosystem to enable a predictable and consistent revenue stream.
- Aligns partner and Rackspace objectives.
- This role is responsible for orchestrating and executing the channel strategy for the region (channel segmentation, building an onboarding program, partner recruitment and training, partner management, etc.).
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead partner recruitment: Identify and recruit new Top Partners with LATAM footprint to build a managed services practice on Rackspace Services.
- Drive partnerâ€™s business qualification to ensure investments are made in partners that are committed and capable to scale business significantly.
- Ensure partner enablement: Develop business and technical capabilities for the recruited Partners portfolio, based on local capacity requirements and solutions and practice areas.
- Secure and coordinate resources with Marketing to enable managed services through-partner marketing.
- Accountable for the recruitment of quality partners and the enablement if them in LATAM to drive business measured by monthly recurring revenue to the region as a new strong line of contribution to the P&L.
â€¢Self-serve sales motion for driving partner transformation in the field.
- Excellent knowledge of Rackspace's products/services, pricing practices, and sales process.
- Effective management skills. Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, human relations, presentation, and organization skills.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
- Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Approximately 10 years in in partner development, sales, and business development in the technology industry.
- At least 3 years previous experience of successfully managing channel programs in the technology industry.
- Experience developing a sales pipeline thru channel contacts.
- Experience essential in all facets of sales; lead generation, follow up, pipeline management, and closing skills.
- Previous experience cultivating partner relationships.
- Strong organizational skills are required with documented success in maintaining revenue generating business relationships similar to the Rackspace Partner Program.
- Regional scope is critical in prior roles.
- 3-5 year experience with Cloud services industry with a reasonable level of technical proficiency.
- Deep experience in managed services and partners in this area is a pre-requisite.
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
- Extensive experience of working with virtual teams across functions and geographies esp. field teams in country worldwide
- Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
Rackspace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.