To further our Professional Services mission to accelerate and enable our customers’ adoption of Rackspace managed services and technologies, we are looking to appoint an EMEA Product Manager to lead the build out of new services and help us mature our existing market offers.
After several years of high double-digit Professional Services growth, we are creating a product function in EMEA to design, launch and maintain our offers, services and support capability growth in our delivery teams. It’s an opportunity to shape and deliver offers across the customer lifecycle, including migration, devops and cloud automation, application transformation and cloud management transformation on multiple cloud platforms.
You will understand the role of embedded services organisations (ideally in a technology or managed services context) and have a deep knowledge of product management principles and practice. You will need to be an excellent written and verbal communicator. A team player and true collaborator, you will sit within the in region professional services leadership team, and work closely with our consulting, sales and marketing teams throughout. You will also liaise and coordinate with other professional services teams globally, as well as individual business units (Bus) to understand their needs and the demands of customers.
This is the opportunity to take end to end ownership of a function at inception stage, working across the product lifecycle, including sales enablement and go to market activities.
Product Lifecycle Management
• Create and manage a fit for purpose sustainable professional services product management lifecycle that is compatible with our global processes.
• Maintain management information that supports effective decision making throughout the product lifecycle.
• Proactively identify issues with existing offers and suggest fixes and improvements.
Sales Enablement and GTM leadership
• Develop joint plans with marketing demand generation teams, ensuring content is marketing ready
• Create and execute plans for enablement of sales, account management and service delivery teams
• Take an active role in internally and externally promoting the brand and value of Rackspace Professional Services.
Roadmap and Priorities
• Partner with, take inputs & agree priorities from local BU’s, global teams, UK leaders and customers
• Create the development business case / ROI
• Work with Professional Services delivery teams to understand gap analysis and build requirements.
• Secure resources for development
• Own roadmap and delivery timelines
• Develop / own the standard for service creation
• Create delivery collateral, methods, processes and tooling products
• Create commercial models (cost plans / effort estimates and GTM pricing)
• Create commercial, sales enablement and go-to-market collateral including SOW and Proposal templates, battle cards and customer facing presentation decks.
• Identify BU / managed service integrations and collaborate with those teams to create appropriate run books.
• Collaborate with consulting and project management organisations and partner mangers to ensure appropriate capabilities are in place.
• Support delivery partner onboarding when required
• Advocate and actively promote the inclusion and positioning of professional services into wider sales engagements across enterprise and mid-market segments. Identify, address or create countermeasures to increase the adoption of professional services as a sales technique to gain customer trust.
• Collaborate with Sales pursuit teams, Programme & Project Managers, Technical Consultants, Solutions Architects, Partners, and extended cross-functional teams during presales and project delivery to ensure timely delivery and awareness of potential problems or risk requiring resolution or mitigation.
• Build and maintain a network of cross-functional technical resources within Rackspace and across any relative partnerships to allow for higher productivity, increased business, and rapid resolution of problems and escalations.
• Ability to travel as required.
Skills / Knowledge
• Technical and / or Service Product Management experience, preferably in a cloud / managed hosting or IT infrastructure & integration context.
• General knowledge of all areas of business operations, and the development of business cases.
• Reasonable infrastructure experience such as virtualisation technologies, operating systems, platform migration, data management, networking, facilities, and operational facilities.
• Reasonable knowledge of Project Management, IT Service Management and Service Delivery.
• Ability to communicate technical and commercial information and ideas so others will understand.
• Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
• 5+ years of work experience
• 2+ years in product management
• 2+ years in professional services / managed services with projects involving professional services up to £1m
• Experience with common as-a-Service offerings with various service providers across various solution stacks (infrastructure, platform, software).