A Professional Services Associate Technical Consultant is required for an Infrastructure & Cloud Hosting Services Consultancy, to perform migration requirements analysis and project-based implementation of Infrastructure & Cloud Hosting Services into Corporate Fortune500 and SME clients. Serves as the key technical contact and subject matter expert for the customers. Delivers results ensuring all technical aspects of a customer migration are completed successfully.
The role (which doesn't require experience in specific technologies, but a keen technical propensity for Infrastructure and a Consultancy background) works on technical work-streams within multiple large technology migration projects for Fortune500 clients across EMEA. You'll engage with clients to assess the requirements of the migration, translate these requirements into a migration strategy, which then be executed upon. The role will require understanding of migration methodologies, of consultancy and of presenting directly to customers.
You'll need to have a strong mix of client-facing (managing workshops and presentations), passion for technology problem-solving and project full life-cycle experience. Specific technology experience with regards to the deliverables isn’t necessary, but a good grounding in Infrastructure technology is highly advantageous, particularly if this includes datacentre and workload migrations.
This role is ideal for someone who's worked in a client-facing technology solutions delivery role, is happy to apply their technical brain to solutions and who is happy to get hands-on as required.
• Able to understand all technical aspects of a relatively simple technical estates
• Able to deliver Assessment and design workshops autonomously
• Can produce appropriate documented assets for simple estates
• Can conduct customer training, education and walkthroughs
• Can articulate best practice approaches and practices
• Can work directly with a customer
Direct implementation to external client sites of:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Physical Infrastructure
• Contribute to the preparation of proposals, RFP/RFI responses, & Statements of Work (SoW). This includes the analysis and development of scope and duration
• Regularly collaborates with Sales pursuit teams, Programme & Project Managers, Solutions Architects, Partners, and extended cross-functional teams during presales and project delivery to ensure timely delivery and awareness of potential problems or risk requiring resolution or mitigation.
Expertise / Qualifications
• Inspires confidence in the consultancy approach and methods
• Can comprehend relatively simple technical concepts
• Deals with minor customer conflicts or escalates to other team members as required
• Focus on customer wants and needs pertaining to the engagement
• Understands commercial language in Statements of work
• Able to capture customer requirements into an appropriate scope
• Align Consulting outcomes with customer requirements
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, handling shifting priorities and ambiguity.
• Enterprise level use of MS Office suite including Project and Visio and knowledge of other project management tools.
• Client-facing experience with large organisations, ideally blue- chip, but happy to deliver to SMEs
• A strong passion for Infrastructure technology solutions and problem solving technical issues
• Full project life-cycle exposure
• Hand-on experience in Datacentre or workload migration, transformation or consolidation experience
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS & OBJECTIVES:
• High NPS scores for client engagements
• 360 degree feedback from peers & sales
• Interaction and contribution to extended peers and cross-functional teams