Responsible for leading a global product engineering team to deliver industry leading products while collaborating with Product Management, Product Development and Service Delivery teams. This role has a significant influence on the product vision and delivery.
Architect and manage resources to deliver all technical aspects of complex, concurrent product development projects. Ensure that Rackspace products enable Fanatical Support given the various support models employed by Rackspace. Serve as an escalation point for customer care of the products created by the team. Drive continuous improvement among existing product lines to decrease support workloads and improve process efficiencies. EOL products that no longer make business sense to Rackspace. Accountable for technical tasks on multiple concurrent projects including product architecture, development, testing, and support escalations. Research technologies for best solution and manage the creation of technical project documents. Provide direction to Product Engineering managers and/or those with direct reporting relationship. Mentor other team members both technical and managerial.
- Staffs and leads a team of Product Engineers that are all meeting their objectives within defined quality and timelines.
- Is respected by the Product Engineering team as a capable leader that drives for results in a sustainable manner.
- Products developed under this leader’s charge meet the quality standards of Rackspace and satisfy the customer outcomes defined by the Product Manager and the support requirements defined by the Service Delivery team.
- Maintain ownership of all technically related product documentation, and work with the Product Engineering team to make sure they deliver documentation in the appropriate format.
- Must drive for a high level of automation in products being delivered.
- Work with the sales organization to help complete complex sales and also onboarding of new products through training and enablement tools.
- Collaboration with other Rackspace teams, specifically Support, Product Engineering, Product Management, Product Operations, and Datacenter teams to build the product based on specifications.
- Respected by peers as having a clear understanding and vision of the overall technology landscape.
- Display ownership of mapping the product development process to specific business outcomes.
- Assist the product leadership team in defining the product roadmap and priorities.
- Tracks and drives towards keeping the team up to date multiple advanced level product certifications to demonstrate expertise.
- Demonstrate the ability to act as a mentor to the entire product organization.
- Assist in breaking up the Product Engineering work to focus on the delivery of customer facing products.