RackLife – What’s Happening!
Rackers (that’s us) love to learn and working in an ever-evolving industry (sometimes daily) means we need an outstanding L & D team. To keep this team in tip top shape, we need a business partner with a passion for all things Talent and Development to live the Rack life for the next 12 months.
To be a Business Partner for Rackspace mean playing a proactive, advisory role in managing relationships with senior stakeholders. In assessing needs across all Sales and Support functions up to leadership level you will showcase the ability to influence and drive the wider strategy, whilst understanding the more unique challenges.
The Day to Day
- Provide a pro-active and responsive ‘single point of contact’ Business Partner interface in the Intl business to discuss training requirements and provide updates across sales, technical, leadership, management and core racker skills
- Act as a check and balance as well as intelligence gatherer of information that supports the global TD team in delivering against demand
- Manage budget(s) for Rackspace University and business units’ training budgets
- Build excellent close working relationships with the leaders and internal customers; influence stakeholders and have bias for action that is aligned with business strategy
- Program manage the delivery of global impacting initiatives – tailoring where appropriate to meet local demand and needs
- Act as coach & confidant
- Manage business unit demand for Talent Development service to ensure the most effective and scalable use of training investment that supports Rackspace high growth environment
- Provide relevant talent development data reporting to business leaders
- Coordinate Talent Development strategy between Intl business units and represent this globally
- Contribute to the development of both local and global Talent Development process and tools
- Contribute to the wider Global Talent Development agenda
- Increase the profile, awareness and perceived value of Talent Development across the organisation
- Contribute as a leader within both the business segment, the Talent Development team and the wider business
- challenge thinking/ways of working and make a valuable contribution to overall business objectives
- Role model & mentor Rackers – be an embodiment of our values & behaviours