RackLife – What’s Happening!
Rackers (that’s us) love to learn and working in an ever-evolving industry (sometimes daily) means we need an outstanding L & D team. To keep this team in tip top shape, we need a L&D Programme Manager with a passion for all things Talent and Development to live the Rack life for the next 12 months.
To be a L&D Programme Manager for Rackspace means take ownership of development, adoption and management of learning and development programs for the International business.
The role is focused on business onboarding of sales and support, through to one to one delivery of development tool feedback and including the facilitation of team effectiveness interventions. In addition, the role will have responsibility for driving the Marketing and Communications strategy for Talent Development.
The Day to Day
- Working closely the HR/TDBP’s, identifying the business skills needed by Rackers to perform their jobs effectively from their start date.
- Develops, sustains, optimises and program manages the business/role specific onboarding for all Rackers. This will include processes, stakeholder engagement and liaison with HR Operations on systems and process integration.
- Drives and influences the sales and support onboarding programs and experience to ensure time to competence is minimized and meets with all auditable requirements as a minimum
- Facilitates team effectiveness interventions at manager plus level
- Collaborates with HR Business Partners team on delivery of one to one development feedback through use of standardized toolsets (Strengths, MBTi and 360 expert)
- Facilitates strengths-based training at a manager plus level
- Owns & drives the Marcomms strategy for International, collaborating and influencing with the Intl TD team and Internal Comms, whilst also contributing and helping shape the global talent development Marcomms strategy
- Builds and maintains relationships on a global basis with US peers to ensure adoption of global approaches to talent development with minimal cultural impact
- Additionally, identifying and applying training to facilitate the smooth transition of a Racker to a new role (whether new to the organisation or transfer to a new role).