Rackspace is hiring AWS Support Administrators to deliver Fanatical Support with Amazon Web Services. Fanatical Support for AWS includes a wide range of services and features to help customers make the most out of their chosen hosting strategy. Using your technical expertise, you will help customers maintain their application stability and assist with rapid changes using native AWS and 3rd party tools.
Through a hands-on approach, you will be responsible for supporting customers with tasks including: responding to application and infrastructure down time alerts, performing limited environment and OS changes, and interacting with customers via tickets and phones.
At Rackspace we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver fanatical support - this means our support team blends technical expertise and strong customer oriented professional skills. Being successful in this role requires:
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services Products & Services, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc
- Intermediate working knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems – experience with supporting and troubleshooting stability and performance issues
- Basic understanding of central networking concepts: VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing
- Intermediate understanding of design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices
- Maintain stability of AWS Cloud environments
- Respond to customer support requests via tickets and phone calls within response time SLA
- Ticket Queue Management and Ticket triaging – escalating to engineers when required & handing over ongoing issues to 24x7 shift
- Troubleshoot performance degradation or loss of service as time critical incident
- Ownership of issues, including collaboration with other teams and escalation
- Support the success and development of others in the team
- Customer Satisfaction score.