This position would be to lead the team of Finance Operations Specialists who undertake the Billing and Collections of the Cloud Services out to the APAC customer base from the HK organisation. This will include both ANZ and HKG entities.
This position is responsible for maintaining the collection of the billable revenue as outlined in the assigned ledger base to ensure a level of minimum aged debt as set out in the Collection Guidelines. To minimize any threat of bad debt in way of highlighting potential bad payers in a timely manner. Complying with Rackspace’s, set processes, procedure and guidelines to the best of your ability.
The Finance Operations Team Lead needs to be able to complete all of the task outlined in the Finance Operations Specialist III Job Spec with complete confidence, ensuring they are able to guide and train in areas that are needed to ensure the following can be completed to the best of the team’s ability:-
- Managing their own time and workload to ensure the Collections are chased in way of priority.
- Undertaking daily Collection tasks to ensure reduction in the DSO
- Following through the Collections timeframe as per the Collections Processes and Procedures.
- Escalating any potential bad debt accounts to the Team Lead
- Confidently undertake the below task requiring the level of guidance outlined in the Level of Collector:-
- Collection of outstanding balances in way of Call, Tickets, Emails etc
- Keep tickets worked, ensuring customer issues are dealt with in speedy manner
- Direct customers to relevant department to ensure issues are addressed
- Navigate confidently through the systems required in order to fulfil your role, essential requirements being Oracle, Core, Outlook, Excel, CHASE.
- Able to identify gaps in the current processes & procedures and propose enhancements that will increase results in what we do.
- Foresight to distribute workload & tasks in time of absence from the team.
- Take the lead in identifying and obtaining further knowledge from outside of the department to aid the team in order to undertake their role effectively.
- Have a working knowledge of the rules around Liquidation, Administration and such like.
- Deputise as back up for the Finance Operations Team Lead in time of absence and excessive work load
- Be an escalation point for the Collections Level 1 & 2 when assistance and guidance is required.
In addition to the above the Team Lead needs to be able to:-
- Deputise to the Level 3 in times of absence and excessive work load
- Be an escalation point for the Collections team when assistance and guidance is required.
- Complete the SOX testing and ensure that the teams are abiding by the controls levied.
- Chase and proceed with potential legal account balances.
- Maintain the Administration / Liquidation process and complete all relevant Proof of Debt & Proxy forms
- Approve refund requests
- Approval point for BDC / Sales
- Checking and assignment for Lease Transfer & Assignment of devises for new bill to sites.
- Coordinate team workload, with the splitting of ledgers & cover for absence.
- Supervise team of collectors ensuring that the Collections Guidelines & Processes are being followed to ensure that the targets are met for the department
- Carry out team 1 to 1’s
- Carry out checks on Collectors to ensure processes are being maintained
- Carry out Quarterly Sensei reviews
Collector Team Lead is a Supervisory role for the Collections department and will report direct to the Collection’s Manager following up through reporting structure from European Financial Controller to Finance Director.
MAIN CONTACTS (external/internal):
Finance Operations Team members
HK Finance Manager
APAC Finance Director
Segment AM’s / Team Leads
Outsource Legal Agencies