This role takes on a position within the Operational Strategy Business Analysis team. You will be contributing towards improvements in the Support Leadership Scorecard by influencing and driving change in operational practices across all Service Delivery and Technical Support functions. These initiatives will be based on in-depth analysis and subsequent insight generation obtained from data available both internally and externally to Rackspace.
You will be expected to challenge the status quo and put forward innovative suggestions in how Rackspace traditionally performs analysis, uses metrics as success measurements and how it reports on and communicates results/findings across a broad range of operational key performance indicators including (but not limited to):
- Customer Experience / Satisfaction results (NPS)
- Churn Mitigation
- SLA adherence
- Volume and value of customer credits issued
- Customer deployment times and error rates
- Cost to Support / Serve targets
- Workload / Resourcing levels
The purpose of the Senior Business Analyst is to define high level definitions and solution options that will resolve business problems, by working closely with senior business stakeholders, including leadership, middle and frontline management and 3rd parties. Ensuring that the correct tools, processes and frameworks are adhered to, this role has responsibility for overall business solutions implemented within a portfolio, ensuring that any project dependencies are considered within the overall design.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the business and IT stakeholders (including third parties) to define and implement timely solutions to business problems.
- Responsibility for overall business solutions implemented within a portfolio, ensuring that each project’s business dependencies are catered for in the overall business design and implementation.
- Support the governance of business change within a portfolio, ensuring that business and IT issues and risks associated with the projects running within the portfolio are effectively raised, managed and as necessary, escalated to the programme management team.
- Provide senior business stakeholder management, ensuring expectations are managed.
- To provide analysis expertise to the Rackspace business, taking primary responsibility for business analysis deliverables throughout the project delivery process.
- To develop a sound knowledge of a part of the business and the effect of any requested changes on that part of the business. Take primary responsibility for understanding and representing the area’s requirements to the BI team.
- To facilitate requirements gathering workshops with multiple stakeholders and facilitate consensus regarding business.
- To take primary responsibility for representing the business’ requirements during the detailed design of the solution.
- Support the testing phases of the project by reviewing test cases and supporting testing.
- Work with business users to define User Acceptance Testing criteria, define test scripts and assist the business in running these scripts
- Liaise with all internal IT functions throughout the life of the project to ensure that the proposed solution is fit for purpose and is delivered through all required stages of the life of the project (e.g. considers architectural concerns, on-going support, performance testing).
- Support the creation of detailed business case documentation that shows how a project will benefit Rackspace in terms of its ROI.
- Based on agreed business cases, define business benefit KPIs and manage the process of measuring these KPIs post project implementation.
- Work with project manager/s to plan analysis work and highlight risks and issues, aiding mitigation of project risk, issues and project blockers.
- Feed into reports for business sponsors and the programme management team showing progress made against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies.