The Commercial Manager, Rackspace Application Services will serve as a commercial subject matter expert for the full RAS Portfolio, with specific emphasis on the ERP, Data and BI portfolios.
This is a solution sales role that places significant emphasis on consultative engagements with a wide range of customer stakeholders; Application Users, Business Owners, Application Development and Management teams. These stakeholders may sit outside of the typical customer stakeholders for the Rackspace multi-cloud services and so this role will be very hands on across most sales opportunities.
Successful candidates will be adept at crafting the RAS commercial value proposition – across Professional Services and Managed Services; aligning it to each unique set of customer challenges and articulating the business benefits that can be delivered.
- Provide sales and commercial leadership across the RAS ERP and Data/BI opportunities. These engagements typically require Rackspace to establish credentials with new stakeholder groups; application owners, developers and business users. Candidates must be comfortable and suitably equipped to develop peer relationships.
- Work jointly with the RAS Solutions Pre-Sales Specialist to define and execute the RAS ERP & Data/BI Go To Market plans
- Build strong internal relationships with internal sales team leaders, channel & marketing teams to assist with customer engagements at all levels.
- Build and execute regional sales enablement programmes that allow mainline sales to deliver RAS demand generation targets.
- Provide commercial leadership for all RAS customer engagements and bids.
- Support the development of RAS specific consulting and professional service offerings that will position Rackspace as a Transformation Partner of choice across ERP, Data & BI.
- Lead any regional alliance development programmes that are relevant to RAS
- Work in partnership with marketing teams to deliver effective demand generation campaigns across the RAS portfolio.
Track record of solution selling across these technology areas, where the solution encompasses ‘Transform and Manage’
Ability to align technology transformation to business outcome. Comfortable to engage around business process aspects.
Foresees potential commercial and business customer objections early in the sales cycle