PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: A Customer Service Technician is a key element within Rackspace’s customer service and technical support operations. Expected to provide technical support to our customers via phone/chat/support tickets on issues related to hosted business email and Microsoft Office 365 productivity suite. Required to partner with customers to provide consistent troubleshooting techniques to quickly and efficiently identify the source of a problem and provide solutions.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Basic knowledge of e-mail protocols (POP3, IMAP, MAPI/Exchange protocols), DNS, desktop/laptop/mobile device operating systems, email Clients, networking fundamentals, and SPAM. Exhibits a strong desire to learn technologies. Outgoing personality with great attitude. Highly organized, quick learner, and an ability to work in a team environment. Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Handles customer support requests primarily via phone, chat, and tickets. Escalates support requests, as necessary, to appropriate escalation path. Provides technical troubleshooting of product offerings and offers solutions that satisfy customer. Proactively seeks opportunities to educate and solve for future technical challenges a customer may face. Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations. Exercises good judgment in decision-making in order to routinely deliver exceptional customer support at all times. Example activities include:
- Email delivery troubleshooting
- Spam/Security analysis and recommendations
- Desktop Client/Mobile Device troubleshooting
- Account and Billing related inquiries
- Support users in use and troubleshooting of Microsoft products
- SUPERVISION: Operates under moderate supervision until duties are learned.