Rackspace is seeking a Professional Services Pre-Sales Consultant to serve as a recognized commercial manager responsible for delivering successful, efficient professional services pre-sales engagements, writing clear and detailed professional services proposals, to serve our potential and existing customers requiring infrastructure consolidation, migration, transformation, optimization, and lifecycle services.
The successful candidate will be:
- Sought after by sales for inclusion early into pre-contract engagements and remain involved as part of a virtual team. Be seen by sales as someone who will add value to the engagement and alleviate customer’s perceived risk by positioning the appropriate professional services.
- Trusted by professional services and support teams as someone who represents them, their capability and the project viability pre-contract.
- Act as a single point of qualification with sales and solutions engineering for all professional services engagements, working with project management, engineering and consulting teams to ensure proper scoping and pricing of engagements.
- Orchestrate and lead end to end presales for packaged services, including customisation. Capture all aspects of Rackspace Professional Services engagement delivery costs and receive appropriate financial buy in necessary from Finance, Sales, and Support teams.
- Pre-qualify, and support wider sales and delivery efforts for large and complex sales efforts inclusive of holistic IT optimization, consolidation, migration, transformation, and lifecycle solutions for existing and potential customers.
- Supports presales efforts and delivers proposals, RFP/RFI responses, business case development, Statements of Work (SoW) inclusive of overview, scope, duration, activities, assumptions deliverables, resources, mitigation of shared risk, terms and conditions, assumptions, pricing, and executive summaries
- Build and maintain a network of cross-functional technical resources within Rackspace and across any relative partnerships to allow for higher productivity, increased business, and rapid resolution of problems and escalations.
- Ability to travel as required.
Pre-Sales, Commercial & Contractual Expertise
- Advocate and actively promote the inclusion and positioning of professional services into wider sales engagements across enterprise and mid-market segments. Identify, address or create countermeasures to increase the adoption of professional services as a sales technique to gain customer trust.
- Collaborate with Sales pursuit teams, Programme & Project Managers, Technical Consultants, Solutions Architects, Partners, and extended cross-functional teams during presales and project delivery to ensure timely delivery and awareness of potential problems or risk requiring resolution or mitigation.
- Utilise and improve commercial modelling tools in the effort of delivering a sound commercial and technical proposal inclusive of managed services and professional services as the means to help customers realize the value of Rackspace.
- Creates and presents commercial proposal outcomes, deliverables and activities to customer either independently or in collaboration with professional services and support resources. Articulating the value as a price detailed in the SoW prior to discounting for the benefit of the wider commercial framework.
- Applies skilful negotiation of commercial arrangements with others (both internal and external) to achieve desired results to meet customer needs within agreed commercial constraints.
- Source of expertise in SoW generation and negotiation, including the commercialization of risk. Ensuring that a mutually agreeable SoW exists between Rackspace and its customers which clearly defines the scope and outcomes of the engagements and is produced in a timely fashion enabling resource forecasting.
Services Capability in Pre-Sales Scope:
- Packaged Services
- Programme and project management
- Technical Consulting
- Service Transition/ Transformation
- Architectural Consulting
- Partner delivered services (sub contracted and referred)
Professional Services Partner Engagement
- Support the identification, role / service definition, negotiation and commercialization of partner related services in both referral and sub contracted models across supporting professional services engagement.
- Available as a point of expertise, providing consultative advice in relation to existing Professional Services Partner contracts to the Rackspace business as part of Professional Services engagements.
- Perpetually seek to improve and refine the Rackspace Professional Services methodology, deliverables, sales collateral, team roles and alignment, educate other internal organizations, empower and educate internal sales teams to sell Rackspace Professional Services.
- Support the commercialization of packaged services including creation of SoW templates, packaged service offerings and financial models