We are seeking a Professional Services Project Manager to lead, coordinate and monitor Professional Services projects from initiation through delivery for complex client engagements. Builds relationships with the customer to identify new opportunities to help them with their business problems. Serves as liaison between internal and external technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met. Delivers results ensuring technical projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Work with Rackspace and client stakeholders in gathering and documenting requirements that solve a customer’s pain point or objectives through project outcomes and benefits realization.
- Serves as liaison between clients and Rackspace technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- Build and maintain a network of cross-functional technical resources within Rackspace and across any relative partnerships to allow for higher productivity, increased business, and rapid resolution of problems and escalations.
- Contribute to the refinement of the Rackspace Professional Services methodology.
- Provide FANATICAL support by driving the value of Rackspace to both potential and existing Rackspace customers and internal sales teams alike.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Responsible for the scope, planning, monitoring and execution of technical projects from initiation through delivery, ensuring they remain on schedule and within budget, cost and quality tolerances.
- Responsible for the preparation of key project documents (PID, plans, logs, reports) and other key deliverables through the life of the project.
- Proactively works to identify and manage project risks and issues. Ensures appropriate response plans are developed executed.
- Effectively manages change to the project baseline by assessing project variance and evaluating impacts supported by the use of rigorous change control processes.
- Monitors the delivery of project deliverables from third parties inside and external to Rackspace and tracks progress of same through continuous communication with project members.
- Prepares and presents reports on project progress and problems to Rackspace and client stakeholders.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals, RFP/RFI responses, & Statements of Work (SoW). This includes the analysis and development of scope, duration, deliverables, resources, risk, assumptions and dependencies.
- Regularly collaborates with Sales pursuit teams, Programme & Project Managers, Technical Consultants, Solutions Architects, Partners, and extended cross-functional teams during presales and project delivery to ensure timely delivery and awareness of potential problems or risk requiring resolution or mitigation.