Rackspace is seeking a Professional Services Portfolio Manager to supplement its growing Professional Services Team. This person will serve as a Manager of a group of Project Managers who are responsible for delivering bespoke project orientated engagements focused on helping customers with Rackspace technologies and services.
You will be working with diverse presales, sales, technical consultancy and service delivery and support teams ensuring Professional Services resources are available and aligned appropriately. Engagements may include infrastructure consolidation, transformation, automation, optimization, and lifecycle services.
As an experienced manager of Project Managers, you will be accountable for improving and maintaining project scoping and delivery maturity. You will ensure that your project management team remain highly engaged and motivated, and up to date with the necessary skills to deliver outstanding customer outcomes.
- Management of a team of Project Managers within the PMO organisation. Provide leadership producing exceptional Racker Engagement, standards and performance.
- Day to management of resource and workload demands of your team. Working with all parts of the business to understand and forecast future resource demands.
- Point of escalation and communication for Programme and Project Managers and extended teams during project delivery to ensure timely delivery and awareness of potential problems or risk requiring resolution or mitigation.
- Contribute to the maintenance of project delivery maturity to align with team objectives, PS KPIs and go-to-market strategy. Work with PMO Operations Manager to improve and refine deliverables, sales collateral, team roles and alignment.
- Build and maintain a network of cross-functional technical resources within Rackspace and across any relative partnerships to allow for higher productivity, increased business, and rapid resolution of problems and escalations.
- Advise and support Project Managers in their delivery of customer engagements; making sure those people are clear on the steps and methods they should take prior and within a client engagement to ensure the best outcomes.
- Be an expert in Project Management Methodology, able to explain and justify the implementation of key principals to a variety of stakeholders.
- Advise on the pragmatic and appropriate application of project management methodology in a diverse range of project scenarios.
- Assist the Pre-Sales team with the production and articulation of sound commercial and technical proposals inclusive of professional services as the means to help customers realise the value of Rackspace.
- Provide escalation support for your team on project issues resolution and be willing to act as Programme Manager where necessary for commercial negotiations with customers.
- Contribute to commercial negotiations for professional services statements of work with Customers.
- Regularly collaborate with Sales pursuit teams, Programme & Project Managers, Technical Consultants, Solutions Architects, Partners, and extended cross-functional teams during presales and project delivery to ensure timely delivery and awareness of potential problems or risk requiring resolution or mitigation.
- Contribute to opportunity qualification.