- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Solid problem-solving abilities coupled with a bias for action
- Experience working with a range of customers (SMB, MM and Enterprise)
- Demonstrated, strong analysis capabilities and technical knowledge by providing supportable technical solutions
- Attention to detail in documenting information and ability to show ownership of follow through in customer resolutions
- Expertise in OS, networking and cloud architecture fundamentals
- Hands-on knowledge for migrating OS workloads to VMware
- Knowledge CLI and API technology use experience (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Bash, YAML or JSON)
- Understanding of migration concepts and mechanisms (e.g. The 6 R’s; synchronization mechanisms - block, image, file; sequencing and application grouping; landing zone/blueprints
- Requires a high school diploma/GED or equivalent
- 6- 15 years in progressively more technical roles in support or IT professional services.
- Advanced System Admin Skills Linux/Windows
- In-depth working knowledge on Virtualization platforms on Hyper-V and VMware,
- Candidate should be very strong in windows and virtualization technologies: Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Good Working on knowledge on P2V and V2V Migrations.
- Advanced knowledge on Robocopy and Microsoft AD.
- Should have experience performing hardware and OS refresh.
- Handle projects efficiently, can understand SOW/Implementation/Project plan and its implications. Should be able to challenge implementation plan for improvements.
- Can manage all stages of the migration.
- Should know how to establish connectivity between application and DB.
- Knowledge on application troubleshooting post migration.
- Migration tool experience RSYNC, Robocopy and River Meadow.
- Assist in troubleshooting migrations issues.
- Perform various Microsoft SQL and mysql tasks like backup and restore as a part of DB migration.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Candidate should have good documentation Skills. Can document lessons learned in each migration and share with team.
Microsoft Certified Solution Expert MCSE or equivalent
VMware Certified Professional 6 Data Center Virtualization