The Managed Virtualization team is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our customers’ critical infrastructure whilst providing industry leading Fanatical Support to both the customers and other segments of the business.
The Virtualization Engineer will be responsible for the EMEA, APAC and US customer base comprising in excess of 80,000 virtual machines and 10,500 hypervisors.
The level 1 engineer is accountable primarily for troubleshooting and configuration of all Managed Virtualization solutions as weel as provisioning and implementation. The level 1 Engineer will be required to be customer facing and able to troubleshoot issues. The majority of the work will be received and solved using Rackspace ticketing system.
- Implementation of Managed Virtualization
- Provision and implementation of hypervisors and VMs for new and existing customers.
- Interact with your customer base through a combination of tickets and telephone interaction.
- Works appropriate level tickets in queue.
- Troubleshooting and escalating problems with products supporting the Managed Virtualization product including all server hardware, networking and operating systems including Microsoft and Linux.
- Testing, tuning and documentation of customers Managed Virtualization
- While conducting the implementation, you will also perform knowledge transfer to customers and look for additional opportunities to help improve their environment.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attending trainings, attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate.
- Bring new ideas and methodologies to improve the department.
- Interaction with support segments in order to provision customers onto the Rackspace Managed Virtualization
- Monitor and basic maintenance of all related infrastructure.