In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Managed AWS. Including the service delivery and support offering around Amazon Web Services for storage, compute, analytics, data warehousing, application hosting and scaling, disaster recovery and backup and many more.
In collaboration with the Rackspace core sales teams, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. You will interact with established yet very fast moving customers eager to adopt Managed AWS for their mission critical applications within a very short time frame.
- Work with all sales teams to qualify, drive and deliver the Managed AWS service on a variety of opportunity and account sizes (SMB, Mid-Market, and Enterprise)
- As a key member of the business development and growth team, ensure success in discussing how to build and migrate applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Educate customers of all size on the value proposition of Managed AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer commercial and technical skills to customers considering or using Managed AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Managed AWS technical and partner communities.
- In collaboration with the core sales teams, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers
- Build relationships with senior individuals within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates”.
- Act as a liaison between customers, sales, service engineering teams and support.
- Participate in regular forecasting activities and joint ‘go-to-market’ strategy discussions with AWS regional and national partner development managers and sales executives
- Liaise with sales leaders in the ANZ business to assist in monthly and quarterly forecasting
- Attendance at all AWS partner events, and Rackspace led AWS events
- Work with local marketing teams to shape the Managed AWS message and marketing events
- Coordinate pre and post sales engineering resource, mainline sales representatives and account management team
- Provide feedback to senior global product and strategy team
- Work closely with and assist in the positioning and delivery of professional services, that are above and beyond the standard managed AWS offering
- Customer facing skills that allow you to represent Managed AWS well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk management.
- The role involves regular travel requirements to Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and New Zealand for customer meetings and meeting with regional AWS sales executives and partner development managers.
- The role involves Weekly (out of hours) calls with US management team, growth team and international counter-parts