Rackspace is modernizing IT in today’s multi-cloud world. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. We serve over 50% of the Fortune 100 companies & customers in 120 countries around the globe. Our achievements are powered by our people – we call them Rackers. We grow & thrive through world-class development opportunities, learning & selling bleeding-edge technologies & solutions, and most importantly, connecting with each other (the best & brightest in the industry). Are you a Racker? Join us!
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
The Sales Specialist (GCP) works within the Managed GCP business. Accountable for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual net revenue objectives. You will be responsible for taking ownership of the EMEA Commercial Strategy working with the Google EMEA GM & Alliance Leader.
Your key customers will be Rackers, and you will be supporting them on closing our key deals in month.
You will lead large and strategic opportunities and partner with sales management to ensure appropriate levels of standards and execution are taking place. You will be required to drive a number by holding others accountable.
You are expected to have a well-established network of peers and contacts within the Rackspace EMEA Sales Org. Taking ownership of the deal management and working with the business to ensure pipeline is managed and deals are closed. You should also be able to work across the Partner Cloud business to support sharing of best practices between our Public Cloud offerings.
• You are comfortable addressing a range of audiences – large to small, internal and external, front-line to CxO.
• Self-starter, motivated to provide the highest possible level of responsiveness and performance from a team of people.
• Sales, communication, and relationship-building skills.
• Relevant knowledge of technology, high level understanding of GCP will be required in the role
• The ability to work effectively with people in a high-growth, fast-paced environment and drive results monthly.
• Willing to work hard to customer, sales and marketing driven deadlines.
• A passion for customer service with contagious enthusiasm and energy.
• Superior professional presence and business acumen.
• Attention to the quality of own work.